American Institute of Architects Housing Awards
Recently, the AIA (American Institute of Architects) announced their picks for the most breathtakingly designed residences. The award is given every year to “recognize the best housing design and promote the importance of good housing as a necessity of life.” – American Institute of Architects
This year, the American Institute of Architects has three categories of residences have awards:
- One/Two Family Custom Housing
- Multi-family Housing
- Special Housings
As the judges consider the submissions, they consider the livability of the space, proximity of transportation options, use of recreational space, and the aesthetics of the space.
The 2015 Winners:
- One/Two Family Custom Housing:
- Studhorse; Winthrop, Washington.
- Bridge House; Kent, Connecticut.
- Marlboro Music: Five Cottages; Marlboro, Vermont.
- Old Briar; Lauderdale County, Tennessee.
- Multifamily Living:
- Bayview Hill Gardens; San Francisco, California.
- Broadway Affordable Housing; Santa Monica, California.
- The North Parker; San Diego, California.
- Specialized Housing:
- 160 Massachusetts Avenue Tower, Berklee College of Music; Boston, Massachusetts.
- John C. Anderson Apartments (JCAA); Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- La Casa Permanent Supportive Housing; Washington, D.C.